Requirements for incontinence products
Due to the different degrees of urinary incontinence, there are also different requirements for the hygiene product. An incontinence product must absorb and store wetness well and securely trap moisture without leaking. According to the degrees of incontinence, there is a suitable sustainable incontinence system for every need.
Advantages of reusable incontinence care
- environmentally friendly, as they can be washed and reused many times
- sustainable, as there is no more waste
- breathable absorbent material and wetness protection
- pleasantly soft material on the skin
- very adaptable, as the absorbency can be easily adjusted
- soft, comfortable and cuddly
How is an incontinence product constructed?
For a hygiene product to work well for incontinence, fabric is needed for absorption. The fabric, or absorbent material, can be cotton or organic cotton, bamboo viscose, hemp and microfiber.
In order for the moisture to stay in the absorbent material and not leak out, a wetness protector is needed. The wetness protection is made of PUL (polyester coated with polyurethane) or PVC.
What are the incontinence products?
- Panty liners
- Incontinence briefs
- Incontinence pants
- Incontinence diapers